Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Have you been to the Joint-Use Library?

I had a meeting recently at the newest Virginia Beach Public Library location. I was floored by the beauty, the magnitude, the atmosphere, and the feeling of this GRAND building. It was incredible. It got me thinking, why haven't I been here yet?

I was a little bit under the impression that it was only for college students, but I was wrong! It is, as the name suggests, a "Joint-Use Library". It is open to the public, just like all the other VB Public Library locations. It has a BEAUTIFUL children's section. You can check out books with your library card. You can reserve (for free) STATE of the ART study and meeting spaces. I could have grabbed my laptop and novel and spent all day there. I love a space that makes me feel tranquil, calm, AND productive! It's located on the outskirts of the TCC campus closest to Rosemont Road.
 
My literacy tip of the day is to, quite simply, check this place out when you get a chance. If you already have, you know what I am talking about! If you don't have a family library card currently, this is the perfect opportunity to get one.

-Mrs. Horsley

 
Joint-Use Library (TCC/City of VB Joint-Use Library)
1700 College Crescent
TCC Campus, Building L
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
(757) 822-7800

Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday Closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment